Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reorganizing


I kinda missed Spring Cleaning this year, and what better way to make up for not cleaning then by having a go at it now?  My thoughts exactly.

Actually this whole cleaning bit started with a search for my mouse.  I've been forced to use my grandma's computer for a while, and I can't stand her mouse.  She has one of those Apple Wireless Mighty Mice, and that scroll ball drives me up the wall.  I guess the ball is kind of a good idea, but there has to be a better way to make sure that dirt and dust stay on the outside and not inside near the ball.  Scrolling up stopped working last week, and it is endlessly annoying being able to scroll down but having to click the sidebar to scroll back up.

Anyway I  had this old bluetooth mouse that I bought a few years ago for use with my old computer (which thanks to an unfortunate placement of a glass of water is sadly no more).  It's a Logitech MX1000.  I actually don't think you can buy them outside of a set (I got mine from the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5000 laser set), and I guess the closest thing to it would be something like the new-ish MX Revolution Logitech makes now.  There are probably better corded mice on the market, but as far as bluetooth mice go this one is a personal favorite.  It has all these side buttons that work seamlessly with Expose (did I mention I was using a Mac? A Mac mini 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo to be precise.  It's not the fastest computer in the world (it was the slowest Mac being sold at the time my grandma got it), but it gets the job done), and it's held up pretty good over the year or two that I've been using it.

Back to my story... So I was fed up with the Apple mouse not working and I ventured back to my room to find mine.  No luck the first glance over.  So after my grandma left for Canada (she's on vacation from this Monday - Friday) I decided it would be a good time to tear the house apart and look for it.  I'm one of those people who keeps all the boxes for everything neatly tucked away under the bed, so I pulled them all out thinking that maybe my mouse got stuffed away under there by mistake.  After every box was taken out (and I shook all the heavy ones to hear for any mouse sounding thumps) I figured I would try looking somewhere else.  On my way up from the floor, my eyes happened to wander over to the keyboard shelf on my desk.  I was completely vacant.  Except of course for my mouse that was sitting smugly on the edge.

I popped it on the charger, and came up with a great idea for what to do to all the boxes that were now strewn all over the floor - make a cute little tower in the living room so that I could brag about all my crap, duh.


And then came this beautiful idea for a blog.  With my new iPhone and all those groovy applications, I feel like I have to be more connected now.  I have a Twitter account, I actually started to update my Facebook status, and now this?  Well now I need to go find things to post about... Woo-hoo!

No comments: